The University of Edinburgh is pleased to announce the Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships 2019.
The studentships are available to Mathematics students of outstanding ability from countries outside the European Union for the academic session 2019-2020.
User Review( votes)
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. It is ranked 18th in the world by the 2019 QS World University Rankings.
- Applications Deadline: Midnight GMT on 31st March 2019.
- Course Level: The bursaries are open to study at the undergraduate level course.
- Study Subject: The bursaries are available in mathematics subject.
- Award: The bursaries are worth either £ 1,000, £5,000 or £10,000 per year and are tenable for the duration of the programme of study, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- A student is deemed to have made Satisfactory Progress in each year if there has been a formal School decision of either “Progress” or “Conditional Progression”, without the student needing to repeat a year. If a student does not make satisfactory progress in any one year, the award will terminate from that point onwards.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Awards: Multiple opportunities are available
- The award can be taken in the UK
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to students from countries outside the European Union.
- Entrance Requirements:
- The studentships are awarded to applicants from countries outside the European Union who are accepted for full-time admission to an undergraduate degree programme offered by the School of Mathematics at the University of Edinburgh.
- The grant is not available to students already on programme. It is also not available to students studying Mathematics as part of a degree programme hosted by another School within the University.
- Applicants should have applied to the University of Edinburgh through the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) but do not need to have received an offer in order to begin the application process.
- this application is competitive and based on academic merit. All applicants will be notified in April 2019.
- How to Apply: Applicants should download the application form and send their completed entry to [email protected]