If you are a high-achieving, low-income student, you have a great opportunity to apply for the Education USA Zimbabwe Opportunity Funding Program.
The program is open to all Zimbabwean students who intend to begin their undergraduate studies in the US. It seeks to identify and recruit 20 Zimbabwean students from low-income families who score at least 13 points.
Nice chance for Zimbabwean students to study in USA.
User Review( votes)
The Opportunity Fund Program is an initiative by the US Department of Education and the US Department of Cultural Affairs to make higher education more accessible to non-elite international students from low-income backgrounds.
Application Deadline: February 14, 2020
University or Organization: The US Department of Education
Course Level: Undergraduate studies
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Zimbabwean students
The award can be taken in USA
Eligible Countries: Zimbabwean students can apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any undergraduate degree program offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: Applicants must have:
- The program is open to all Zimbabwean students who intend to begin their undergraduate studies in the US.
- Candidates should have a VERY strong academic record (mostly A’s at both “O” and “A” level); be actively involved in co-curricular and leadership activities; have a strong record of giving back to their community; and able to demonstrate financial need.
- It seeks to identify and recruit 20 Zimbabwean students from low-income families who score at least 13 points.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, all the candidates need to complete the application form, with your name on each page of the application form.
- Supporting Documents: The EducationUSA Opportunity Program application consists of four components, (Personal Information, Academic Information, Short Answer Questions, Personal Essay, Photocopy of your high school reports and/or report book, Photocopy of “O” level certificate(s), “A” Level and/or SAT results, recommendation letter) all of which must be fully completed in English.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a good command of the English language for the opportunity .
- Benefits: Applicants will receive educational funds to applying this study award.