Applications are invited for Eotvos Lorand programs to pursue BA/BSc (undergraduate; 3 years); MA/MSc (graduate; 2 years); PhD studies (doctoral; 2+2 years) and one-cycle BA+MA (5 years).
ELTE offers a wide range of degree programs to Stipendium Hungaricum students. Fields of studies are Faculty of Education and Psychology, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Informatics, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Social Sciences.
Wonderful chance to study at Eotvos Lorand University.
User Review( votes)
Stipendium Hungaricum is a program for foreign pupils, founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013. The program aims to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries.
Why at Eotvos Lorand University- The University is a Hungarian public research university based in Budapest. Founded in 1635, ELTE is one of the largest and the most prestigious public higher education institutions in Hungary.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2020
- It can be awarded to citizens of the next countries for full-time programs, holders can apply from the following sending partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, Oriental Republic of Uruguay, Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia (FYROM is used at OSCE, UN, CoE, EU and NATO fora), Republic of Moldova, Republic of Namibia, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Israel, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States
- For part-time programs, holders can apply from the following sending partners: Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Belarus, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States
- Stipendium Hungaricum grants are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialization courses). Both full-time and part-time study modes are available in case of bachelor, master, one-tier master and doctoral studies.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, submit your application in the online application system of the Stipendium Hungaricum program until the application deadline (16 February 2019 – noon; Central European Time). Please note that if you apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum program, you do not need to submit a separate application to ELTE and it is enough if you submit your application in the online application system of the Stipendium Hungaricum award.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, no requirement available for this free study.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have the previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Candidates should have a level of English proficiency required by the host institution for the free study.
- The amount of the award is HUF 40,460 for leaders in bachelor and master programmes and in doctoral programmes it is HUF 140,000/person/month in the first two years/during the training-research period and HUF 180,000/person/month during the second two years/cycle/ the research-dissertation period for PhD beginning their studies in the 2016/2017 academic year. (The prize is HUF 100,000/person for PhD beginning their studies prior to the 2016/2017 academic year.)
Allowances provided for the grant holders:
- Exemption from paying tuition fees
- learner hostel room/bed depending on the capacity of the higher education institution or HUF 30,000/month – HUF 40,000/month from 2017/2018 Academic Year – accommodation allowance for 12 months of the year during the whole period of full-time programmes or for the duration of the partial studies;
- Health care services defined by point i) of section (1) of paragraph 16 of the Act 53/1997 on the Eligibility for Social Security Benefits and Private Pensions and the Funding for These Services, as well as the reimbursement of the costs justified in case of health care services in a foreign language (e.g. interpreting) and an additional insurance for health care services in a foreign language for up to HUF 65,000/year. Use of the services of the library free of charge.