With the aim of enabling students to pursue a PhD degree programme in the UK, Swansea University is actively offering an EPSRC PhD Scholarships in Design of Smart Materials.
This PhD will suit applicants who are keen to make a difference in how we utilize advanced materials in a sustainable economy. This PhD position is within the TREFCO project, which is a collaboration led by Swansea University and has eight industrial partners, including battery manufacturers, recyclers, material suppliers, and equipment producers.
Worthy offer for applicants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Swansea University, founded in 1920, is a renowned research-intensive university with a strong academic reputation and an excellent academic environment. It offers approximately 330 undergraduate and 120 graduate-level courses.
Why study at Swansea University? It provides the tools and resources students need to make their dreams and aspirations a reality. Swansea University’s students can expect a top-notch education from world-class faculty who will constantly push and inspire them throughout their time at the university. Students at Swansea University can cope with the challenges of the global economy and adapt to a rapidly changing workplace.
Application Deadline: This grant application will be accepted only through 22 June 2022
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full tuition and £15,609
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: the UK and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Materials Engineering.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University) in Engineering or similar relevant science discipline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the programme, applicants must be admission to the PhD at Swansea University. After that, they can complete the Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement.’
- Two references
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate with outstanding academic achievement for taking admission.
- Language Requirement: Students must have met the IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 5.5 in each component) or Swansea recognized equivalent. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here.
This scholarship covers the total cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609.