European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM) is pleased to offer a fellowship program to students of high academic ability for 2019 entry. Students of all over the world are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM) fellowship aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with fellowships specifically for international students.
Excellent opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
ERCIM – the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics – aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and to increase co-operation with European industry. Leading European research institutes are members of ERCIM.
University or Organization: The European Research Consortium
Course Level: 12 months of the fellowship program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International Students
The program can be taken in Europe
Application Deadline: 30 Sep 2019
- These Fellowships are available for Ph.D. holders from all over the world.
- The topics focus on the ERCIM institutes’ scientific fields of competence.List of Subjects: Computer Applications, Computer Systems Organization, Computing Methodologies, Computing Milieux, Data, Hardware, Information Systems, Mathematics, Mathematics of Computing, Software, Theory of Computation and other related topics.
- Applicants must have:
- have obtained a Ph.D. degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record
- be fluent in English
- be discharged or get a deferment from military service
- the fellowship is restricted to two terms (one reselection possible)
- have completed the Ph.D. before starting the grant (a proof will be requested before your arrival).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Only online applications are accepted.
- Admission Requirements: To be eligible to apply for this application , students must have obtained a Ph.D. degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The fellows are appointed for 12 months either by a stipend (an agreement for a research training program) or a working contract.
- For the entire period of 12 months, the fellow will receive a monthly allowance or salary (depending on the type of contract) which may vary depending on the country.
- Costs for traveling to and from the institutes will be paid under conditions determined by the contract. This allowance/salary will be transferred to the fellow’s personal bank account.
- For stipends, the fellow is covered by personal health insurance provided by Campus France the cost of which is paid by ERCIM-EEIG. The insurance covers medical transportation costs if needed, payment of a lump sum for invalidity or death, personal liability. Female fellows are informed that expenses related to pregnancy can be covered by this insurance under certain limited circumstances. The insurance does not cover the fellow’s family. The fellow will have to conform strictly to the modalities required by Campus France to obtain the benefit of this insurance.
- Costs for traveling to and from the host institutions will be reimbursed on the basis of an economic class airplane ticket or first-class train ticket. Travel by car will be reimbursed on the basis of a first-class train ticket. No moving expenses are allocated. The limit is 500 euros per trip (2 trips can be planned).
- Research Exchange Programme: Fellows have to spend at least a one-week visit to another ERCIM member institute. ERCIM-EEIG will cover reasonable expenses (including but not limited: travel, accommodation, meal) up to a maximum amount calculated on the basis of 100 euros per month over the fellowship period.
- Participation in scientific conferences: The Fellow is encouraged to attend and to submit papers to scientific conferences during his or her fellowship. ERCIM-EEIG will cover registration costs and travel expenses up to a maximum sum calculated at a rate of 100 euros per month under the condition that the fellow has an accepted paper at the conference.