European Commission Grand prize honoring innovation in Technology, Industry, and Society stimulated by the Arts. This yearly competition is held to single out for recognition innovative projects at the nexus of science, technology, and the arts that have what it takes to make a significant impact on economic and social innovation.
The Science, Technology, and arts (S+T+ARTS) award program submission is open to all artistic work and technological and scientific research and development. The two S+T+ARTS prizewinners receive €20,000 each.
Nice offer to win a competition.
User Review( votes)
S+T+ARTS is an initiative of the European Commission to foster alliances of technology and artistic practice. Since 2016, over 200 projects out of 14.291 proposals from 96 different countries have been honored, and a total of 280,000€ in award money has been awarded in the S+T+ARTS Prize competition.
Why apply to this award program? Entering the competition is free of charge. In this S+T+ARTS Prize initiative, the European Commission’s focus is on projects and people that can make meaningful contributions to this effort.
Application Deadline: The submission process for the S+T+ARTS Prize 2023 will end on March 3, 2023.
- University or Organization: European Commission
- Department: ARTS
- Course Level: NA
- Award: €20,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the EU
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Artists/creative professionals or the researchers/companies involved from throughout the world; S+T+ARTS is not limited to citizens of EU-member states.
How to Apply
S+T+ARTS = Innovation at the Nexus of Science, Technology, and the ARTS.
- How to Apply: There is no fee to enter the S+T+ARTS Prize 2023 competition. To participate in the S+T+ARTS Prize, applicants must register online and submit all mandatory information online.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following:
- A video documentary (approximately 3 minutes in length)
- Images (JPG, TIF, BMP, PNG) at the highest possible resolution
- A clear, detailed description of the artistic concept
- A printable portrait photo and a biography of the artist.
- At the entrant’s option, additional material such as images, documents, and drawings (as PNG or PDF) can also be submitted.
- If applicants send in additional material pertaining to their submission via post, mail it by the submission deadline (the date of the postmark is determinative) to:
Ars Electronica Linz GmbH & Co KG
4040 Linz, Austria
Code: S+T+ARTS Prize
- Admission Requirements: An artist may submit more than one work.
- Language Requirement: English language skills are required.
A prizewinning project will be singled out for recognition in both categories, and each will be supported with €20,000 prize money.