Applications are invited for The European masters programme Programme in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS) for 2018/2019 intake. The studentships are open to international applicants for pursuing the master degree programme at the University of Kaiserslautern in Germany.
The European Masters programme in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS) is a two-year Erasmus Mundus Master’s course where each of the two academic years is spent at a different EMECS partner university.
User Review( votes)
The Technical University of Kaiserslautern is a research university in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The University of Kaiserslautern has gained the international reputation in research and teaching.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in various fields Computing Science.
Award: The EMJMD student funding for the EMECS programme includes:
- A tuition waiver: this covers the costs for programme tuition, enrollment and health insurance
- A monthly living allowance amounting to 1,000 EUR for the entire duration of the EMECS programme (24 months): this allowance is dedicated to covering your living costs while studying in EMECS
- A contribution to travel and installation costs: this is meant to support your travel and settling at an EMECS location (e.g., flight airfare and visa fees)
- 1,000 EUR per year: payable to scholarship holders with residence in Erasmus+ programme countries
- 2,000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1000 € for installation costs: payable to scholarship holders with residence in a partner country which is located at a distance of less than 4,000 km from the EMECS Coordination Office (University of Kaiserslautern, Germany)
- 3,000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1000 € for installation costs: payable to scholarship holders with residence in a partner country which is located in a distance of 4,000 km or more from the EMECS Coordination Office (University of Kaiserslautern, Germany)
The award can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- The applicant must hold at least a B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related program. At the time of application, preliminary transcripts are accepted. Final transcripts must be provided upon enrollment.
- The grade average of the previous study should prove high qualification of the applicant. This will normally be the case for a grade average of ‘B’ or better in terms of the ECTS grading scale.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for these endowments.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The applicant must hold at least a B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related program.
English language Requirements: Applicants need to prove that they have sufficient fluency in English. We normally ask for IELTS 6.5 overall with at least 6.0 in each competency. This corresponds to a TOEFL result with a score of about 600 paper-based/250 computer-based/95 internet-based test.
- The proof of English proficiency is required even when the language of instruction for the previous education was English. However, for nationals of countries listed under this link, the proof of language proficiency is waived.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Taking the GRE test is recommended but not mandatory. The GRE code number of the University of Kaiserslautern is 7143.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. In order to apply for EMECS, you need to create an account and fill your application in our online application platform. You can also apply for a scholarship on the same application platform. No separate application is needed.
Along with the application form, the following documents must be provided:
- Personal details
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of nationality (copy of passport). Candidates with multiple nationalities should decide at application stage under which nationality they are applying
- Copy of university degree(s) e.g. Bachelor/Master degree certificate (if available at the time of application, otherwise it needs to be presented upon enrollment)
- Transcript of Records (stating which courses were taken and what grades were obtained at the time of application)
- Translation of certificates and transcript of records (only if originals are not in English)
- Motivation letter
- Two recommendation letters from faculty staff or your employer (at least one should be from a faculty staff)
- Proof of English Proficiency (e.g., IELTS) using a scanned copy of result sheet. The proof of English language proficiency is waived, however, for nationals of these countries.
- GRE results (scanned copy of result sheet). Recommended but not mandatory
The TOEFL code number of TU Kaiserslautern is 7967. The GRE code number of the TU Kaiserslautern is 7143.
All documents are submitted electronically. However, the original documents and final certificates will be requested by the academic authorities before enrollment.
Application Deadline: All applications have to be done online through the EMECS application platform. The platform will open on September 1, 2017, and will be closed on January 31, 2018.