The Evonik Foundation exclusively supports natural science students preparing master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral theses. Scholarships are only awarded for the scholarship focus defined for the year in question.
The Evonik Foundation exclusively supports natural science students preparing master’s, doctoral, and post-doctoral theses. The funding priorities for 2018: Organosilicones, Synthesis, Cross-linking, Phase behavior & material properties and Fillers.
A better place to do a Master’s, Doctoral, and Post-doctoral with educational funding in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Evonik Foundation focuses on promoting education and science. The goal of the Evonik Foundation is to sponsor talented up-and-coming researchers.
University or Organization: The Evonik Foundation
Course Level: Master’s, Doctoral, and Post-doctoral
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: German students
The program can be taken in Germany
Application Deadline: Closed
- German students are eligible to apply.
Prerequisites for the award of a scholarship: The topic of your research project must coincide with one of the topics in our annual scholarship focus.
- Your scientific research is being conducted in a well-known, chemically oriented working group at a German university or a non-university research institution.
- You can provide proof of excellent academic performance.
- You are unable to sufficiently fund your intended scientific study courses with means provided by you, your parents or other parties.
How to Apply
How to Apply: The application process is divided into three stages:
Stage 1: If you believe that you fulfill the prerequisites stipulated in the section entitled “Award of Scholarships,” please send us a summary of your research project (no more than half a page) via e-mail. Other documents such as curriculum vitae, certificates, cover letter, etc. are not necessary. Once select experts have reviewed the project proposal submitted, we will let you know whether you should send in a complete application or whether your application has been denied.
Stage 2: If you have received a positive answer, we would ask you to submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae plus photo
- Topic and research goal of the scientific work (no more than 10 pages) with the following content:
Introduction, stating the status of the research
Summary and research goals
School leaving certificate
Certificate: Stage 1/final degree examinations, state examination or bachelor’s/master’s degree
Supervisor’s report (by mail)
Stage 3: Following the submission date, we will review your documents and invite select candidates to an interview at which you will have the opportunity to present your research topic to a team of experts.
Benefit: The Foundation will offer the following funding:
- Bachelor’s and master’s theses: six months, 250–600 euros/month
- Doctoral program: two years (option to extend), 1,400 euros/month
In addition, applications can be submitted for funding of the purchase of research literature and attendance of scientific congresses.
- Postdoctoral studies: one year’s funding is decided on a case-by-case basis