The University of Technology Sydney is pleased to announce the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Undergraduate Regional Journalism Scholarship. The applications are open to Australian citizens, permanent residents, permanent human visas, or New Zealand citizens living in Australia.
The program is designed to support the regional and remote students to get the skills and knowledge necessary to operate effectively as journalists in the contemporary news media industry and to be ready for the job at the completion of their studies.
User Review( votes)
One of Australia’s leading universities of technology, The University of Technology Sydney was established in 1988. It consists of 9 faculties and schools and ranked 1st in Australia and 10th in the world by the 2021 QS World University Rankings.
- Application Deadline: 7 April 2021
- Course Level: The studentships are available to the undergraduate degree level
- Award: $40,000 for six sessions
- Number of Awards: Five
- Nationality: Australia and New Zealand
- The award can be taken in: Australia
- Eligible Countries: award is available to the students, who are from Australian or New Zealand citizen.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Bachelor of Communication are eligible for this application .
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity , an applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent human visa, or New Zealand citizen living in Australia; And
- Full time (24 credit points/sessions) in communication (journalism) controlled or planning for enrollment, in which it was presented as part of the joint degree; and
- funding for the eligible course of study is not available in the fund:
- Commonwealth under another grant program, or
- A state or territory government of another body
- Completes the criteria for being a regional or a remote student:
- Prior to applying for a scholarship, permanently resides in a regional or remote area at that time; or
- In the last five years, for a total of three out of three, there is a substantial link to a regional area of the remote area by staying in a regional or remote area or in a regional or college, at a high school or college, its last two the deserted area of the year’s education
All candidates should use the UTS Online application Form. The duration of The grant is six (6) sessions.
How to Apply
To apply, Students must complete the University Online Application Form to receive their program offer before applying for this application through the given link: https://forms.uts.edu.au/index.cfm?FormId=1168&_ga=2.194390181.900567210.1551462874-477598093.1551462874
If you are going to or want to attend this application , no Supporting Documents are a requirement to apply for this application .
As part of the application, there are no Admission Requirements to apply in this application .
- Number of Recipients: Five (5) recipients will be awarded scholarships in the autumn and spring sessions. If all opportunities are autumn is awarded in the spring, no one will be present in spring.
- Benefit/s to Recipient: The maximum total value of The grant is $ 40,000 for each recipient.
- Each recipient will receive: $13,500 in year 1 (in two payments), $3,500 in year 2 (in two payments), and $3,000 in year 3 (in two payments)