The University of Sheffield is inviting applications for Faculty of Science Fee Scholarships for 2021/20 entry. UK, EU or overseas students are eligible to apply for this application .
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
User Review( votes)
Students may be required to take an internationally recognised English language test such as IELTS.
- Applications Deadline: January 23, 2021
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue PhD programs.
- Study Subject: We are currently offering a number of fee scholarships to support excellent home, EU or overseas students wishing to study in the following areas: Animal and Plant Sciences, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Physics and Astronomy and Psychology.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships may be awarded up to the full value of the appropriate fee, according to circumstance, but we encourage applications from students who already have part-funding for fees from other sources.
- Nationality: UK, EU or overseas students are eligible to apply for this application .
- Number of Scholarships: Number of opportunities are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: UK, EU or overseas students are eligible to apply for this application . Note for Chinese nationals or those ordinarily resident in mainland China.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
We welcome applications from students with excellent degrees from UK, EU or overseas institutions. As a minimum requirement, applicants should hold or be about to obtain, an Upper Second Class degree from a UK university, or an equivalent qualification from a recognised EU or overseas institution. However, financial aid positions will be awarded competitively, so relevant research experience and/or Masters level degree qualifications will be significant enhancements. Scholarships may be awarded up to the full value of the appropriate fee, according to circumstance, but we encourage applications from students who already have part-funding for fees from other sources.
English Language Requirements:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – 7 overall, 7 writing, 6 other sections
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Internet based test – 100 overall, 25 writing, 22 other sections.
How to Apply: Once you have identified potential projects from the departmental pages above, please contact the potential supervisor as soon as possible to discuss your fee application, then complete the University’s postgraduate online application form* to apply. Applications for 2021/20 entry are now open, the closing date is Wednesday 23 January 2021. Early applications are strongly encouraged (see below), late applications cannot be accepted.