Applications are being invited for an outstanding program called Faster Route International Excellence Scholarship by the University of Glasgow. This scheme is currently open within the University of Glasgow’s School of Computing Science.
This scholarship carries a mission to provide to increase the enrollment of international students in its undergraduate program and provide them with top-quality education.
A valuable option to get financial support for engineering education in the UK.
User Review( vote)
Opened by papal bull in 1451, the University of Glasgow is deemed fourth oldest university in English-speaking world. It attracts students and staff from more than 140 different countries. It provides education to 19,000 undergraduate and 9,000 postgraduate students regardless of their background, nationality and financial circumstances.
Why study at the University of Glasgow? It is a research-based institution that is included in the world’s top 100 universities’ list. Apart from a friendly and multicultural environment, it offers various courses, programs and learning opportunities to help students gain tools that they need for a successful career.
Application Deadline: There is no deadline as scholarship will be provided after taking admission.
- University or Organization: University of Glasgow
- Department: School of Computing Science
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Developing countries
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Computing Science [BSc/MA/MA(SocSci)/MSci] and Software Engineering [BSc/MSci]
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be classed as international for fee purposes
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a single honour or integrated Masters faster route program in computing science or software engineering.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no need for separate application as you will be given this scholarship after successfully registering yourself in an applicable program.
- Supporting Documents: You can be asked to provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and award
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement
- A copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: Both courses have different requirements. Check out the main pages of computing science, and software engineering courses for detailed information.
- Language Requirement: You must have a certificate of one of these tests to prove your English proficiency:
- IELTS 7.0 with no subtest less than 7
- A minimum of 6 points at the standard level in the International Baccalaureate
- TOEFL 237 in the computer-based test 600 in the paper-based test. TOEFL CBT tests also require a TWE (Test of Written
- iBT TOEFL 100 (with no less than 23 in any skill)
- Cambridge English: Advanced at Grade B or above (formerly known as Cambridge ESOL CAE)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency at Grade C or above (formerly known as Cambridge ESOL CPE).
Benefits: The successful candidates will £5,000 as a prize. This amount can be used to pay the bill associated with studies.