The Durham University is delighted to announce the availability of a Ph.D. Scholarship Award for 2018 intake. One scholarship is available for three years with studies commencing in 2018 and applications are invited from high-caliber Home, EU, and overseas students.
The objective of this Ph.D. research is to reconcile the types of data generated by remote sensing information with losses actually observed within communities to drive financial payments following natural hazard events.
Great offer for candidates.
User Review( votes)
The Durham University Business School is the business School of Durham University and is located in Durham, England. Established in 1965, it holds triple accreditation.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship will focus on developing financial risk management in light of severe natural hazards, and complement existing links between IHRR, a variety of NGOs and commercial partners. Ph.D. scholarship focusing on developing financial risk management in light of severe natural hazards. The studentship will complement existing links between IHRR, a variety of NGOs and commercial partners.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover Ph.D. tuition fees for UK/EU students, plus a tax-free stipend. While the scholarships may be held by students of all nationalities, international students will be expected to cover the difference between international and UK/EU tuition fees.
- Nationality: Home, EU, and overseas students
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Home, EU, and overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- One scholarship is available for three years with studies commencing in 2018 and applications are invited from high-calibre Home, EU, and overseas students. The scholarship will cover PhD tuition fees for UK/EU students, plus a tax-free stipend.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language you will need IELTS 7.0 (no element below 6.5) or Pearson Test of English Overall Score 70+ (No element below 62).
How to Apply: Submit your application for PhD study, stating on the application that you wish to be considered for the QRFE PhD Scholarship 2018 and mark it for the attention of Prof Julian Williams.
- All scholarship applicants must meet the eligibility and entry requirements for a Durham PhD.
- Successful scholarship applicants will be notified by email or telephone.
- Please note that if your research proposal is unsuccessful we may not be able to provide feedback due to the anticipated volume of applications for this scholarship.