Finnish Government is pleased to offer scholarships for high achieving and motivated students. The grant is available for the academic year 2021/2022.
Students of Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Peru, Uruguay, Republic of Korea, Turkey, Ukraine, and the USA are eligible to apply for these endowments to undertake 3-9 months for doctoral-level studies and research. The aim of the Finnish educational policy is quality, efficiency, equality, and internationalization.
The Finnish education system was ranked best in the world in 2012 (the Learning Curve, Pearsons). The Finnish educational system offers equal education opportunities for all, irrespective of matters of residency, sex, economic situation, or linguistic and cultural background.
CIMO does not require you to take an IELTS or TOEFL test, but if you have such official proof of your English skills that can, of course, be enclosed in the application.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for 3-9 months for doctoral-level studies and research at Finnish Universities or Public Research Institutes.
- Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded in all academic fields.
- The award can be taken in Finland
To apply for the opportunity , you also need to meet the following criteria:
- You have been pre-approved to carry out research relating to a doctoral-level thesis or been invited as a doctoral student in a Finnish university or a public research centre.
- You have a letter of invitation from a supervisor in a Finnish university or a research centre, stating that this host is committed to working with you.
- You have not already studied or worked in a Finnish university for more than a year immediately before the planned start of the scholarship period.
- You can demonstrate your proficiency in English with an official language test (IELTS, TOEFL) and can attach a certificate for this in your application form. Alternatively, it is confirmed in the invitation letter from the university that they regard your language skills sufficient for research and studies in a university in Finland.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates have to fill the application form and submit the required documents for an application:
- A completed and signed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of latest diplomas
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study/research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results)
- Invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have earned a master’s level degree before applying.
- English Language Requirements: CIMO does not require you to take an IELTS or TOEFL test, but if you have such official proof of your English skills that can, of course, be enclosed in the application. Usually, however, it is enough if, for example, the letter of invitation from the hosting Finnish university states that your language skills have been deemed sufficient by the Finnish university.
The scholarship grant can be awarded for 3 to 9 months. It is 1,500 euros/month and is paid to the applicant in full. It is enough to cover the living costs of only one person in Finland.
Application Deadline: applications can be submitted throughout the year.