The Open University (OU) has been awarded five fully-funded Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships. The bursaries are available for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries to study the University’s Masters in Online and Distance Education (MAODE).
The Open University (OU) is a public distance learning and research university, and one of the biggest universities in the UK for undergraduate education.
User Review( votes)
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: June 20, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to study the University’s Masters in Online and Distance Education (MAODE).
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: The financial aid positions will cover the full cost of tuition fees but no other expenses.
- Nationality: Scholarships for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries
- Number of Awards: Not given
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are open to international students.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship to study the Masters in Online and Distance Education you must:
Be a citizen of, or have been granted refugee status by one of the eligible developing Commonwealth countries listed above, or be a British protected person; and
Be permanently and continually resident in one of the eligible developing Commonwealth countries listed above; and
Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases; and
Be unable to afford to study your chosen course without this application .
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
- Visit the Masters in Online and Distance Learning website, and the web pages for the modules listed above, to find out more about the programme.
- Read the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships Information for Candidates.
- Complete the Commonwealth Distance Learning application form and submit it online. You should complete allsections the application form as fully as possible as the form will be the basis for selection of candidates. Pay particular attention to describing in detail how you intend to achieve in-country benefit as a result of your study of the Masters in Online and Distance Education.