Education gives us knowledge of the world around us. Keeping this in mind, Flinders University has started the Playford Trust in partnership with the South Australian Division of the Geological Society of Australia (GSA) offers a $5000 scholarship annually for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship is established especially for Australian and New Zealand citizens who want to pursue their Honours degree education at university. The scholarship value consists of $5,000.00 per annum and coverage of other expenses.
Flinders University Playford Trust and GSA Scholarship for Australian and New Zealand Students
Great opportunity to get a research degree in Australia with funding.
User Review( votes)
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia, seeking to be internationally realized as a global authority in research, a creator of modern education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates. Flinders is well-founded for its excellent teaching and research reputation. It has a longstanding commitment and a proud record of community involvement to enhance the educational options of all residents.
Why study at Flinders University? Flinders University’s mission is to create a difference, change lives, and change the globe. It doesn’t restrict itself to teaching the students the ins and outs of their particular degree; instead focuses on making graduates with skills applicable across all sorts of careers. Studying at Flinders provides candidates with a rich and diverse academic and social experience set on a uniquely Australian campus. It has more than 24,000 candidates from over 90 countries.
Application Deadline: 20 January 2023.
- University or Organization: Flinders University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Honours
- Award: $5,000.00 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Australian and New Zealand
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian and New Zealand students can apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for an Honours degree in earth sciences subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates ready to commence a full-time Honors (or equivalent) degree in earth sciences at any one of the three universities,
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa and resident in South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia or to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- Of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
- Members of the Geological Society of Australia (or have applied for membership) at the time of the award.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, you are recommended to take admission to the Honours degree at Flinders University. After that, applicants have to apply online for the program.
- Supporting Documents: At the time of admission, the aspirants will be asked to submit their academic transcripts, language ability proof, curriculum vitae, and copies of their degree transcripts.
- Admission Requirements: To be considered for this program, students must check their chosen program’s entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Students must verify their English proficiency by completing their English proficiency requirements.
The studentship will help candidates in their studies by providing them a $5000 scholarship annually to an outstanding student entering a full-time Honours year in earth sciences.