Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (FWO) is offering the Special PhD Fellowship for the high-potential applicants in Belgium.
The Special PhD fellowship is intended to enable persons not employed within scientific research to complete a PhD within a year and to obtain study leave from their current employer for this purpose.
This is a great opportunity to get a PhD in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency that stimulates and supports ground-breaking fundamental research in all areas of science at the universities in the Flemish Community, including associated research institutes.
University or Organization: Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek
Course Level: PhD
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
The program can be taken in Brussels
Application Deadline: March 2, 2020
- You have a diploma at least equivalent to a master’s degree following a bachelor’s degree and awarded by the competent institutions in one of the countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- You are permanently employed.
- You are not professionally involved in scientific research.
- Your employer is willing to give you temporary leave or unpaid leave for 1 year. You are entitled to return to your job after the leave ends.
- You relinquish any secondary activity and associated remuneration.
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Claus
How to Apply
- How to Apply: You contact a promotor affiliated to a Flemish university who is ready to guide you as a doctorandus.
- The promotor is invited by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You submit your application online
- Your application is submitted to the Cross-Domain Panel.
Benefits: The amount of award is identical to the last net salary of the main activity.