Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (FWO) is offering PhD fellowship to enable persons not employed within scientific research to complete a PhD within one year. Applicants of Belgian nationality or member states of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland are eligible for this PhD study.
The Special PhD fellowship is intended to enable persons not employed within scientific research to complete a PhD within a year and to obtain study leave from their current employer for this purpose.
This is a great opportunity to get a PhD in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency that stimulates and supports ground-breaking fundamental research in all areas of science at the universities in the Flemish Community, including associated research institutes.
University or Organization: Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek
Course Level: PhD
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of the EU
The program can be taken in Brussels
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019, at 5:00 PM
- Citizens of EU (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom), the EEA or Switzerland can apply for this PhD fellowship.
- This is available for pursuing a PhD degree at a Flemish university.
- This is provided to learn any of the courses offered.
- Applicants are of Belgian nationality or belong to one of the member states of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland. Non-EU candidates must have a basic degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
- You have a master degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
- You are permanently employed.
- Your employer is willing to give you temporary leave or unpaid leave for 1 year. You are entitled to return to your job after the leave ends.
- You relinquish any secondary activity and associated remuneration.
- Clinicians cannot apply for a special PhD fellowship. They can apply for a clinical PhD fellowship.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
How to Apply
How to Apply: Proposals must be submitted electronically via the web-based FWO e-portal. Proposals must be submitted electronically via the web-based FWO e-portal. It is strongly recommended to submit at least one to two weeks before the actual closing date.
Make sure to update their personal details with each future application, especially the addresses and publications sections. All practical info about the registration and the FWO e-portal can be found in the above section ‘Registration’.
Benefit: The amount of award is identical to the last net salary of the main activity.