The Franklin Institute is delighted to announce the Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science 2020. The award is open to pursuing a degree program in the United States.
This is an international competition open for individuals who have made significant contributions to neural networks for machine learning.
Excellent Award and Prize for Achievement in Science.
User Review( votes)
The Franklin Institute is a science museum and the center of science education and research in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. The mission of the institute is to inspire a passion for learning about science and technology.
Applications Deadline: May 31, 2020
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- The studentships are available to candidates from all around the world.
- Eligible candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This is an international competition for individuals who have made significant contributions to neural networks for machine learning.
- The award will be given in the field of machine learning.
- This award and prize must be presented to an individual, as specified by the will of Henry Bower.
- Candidates must be living, and the winner must participate in The Franklin Institute Awards Week programs, to be held in April 2021 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Nominations from any individual or organization will be accepted, including self-nominations.
- An email of intent to nominate would be appreciated by April 30, 2020.
How to Apply
How to apply: To apply for the opportunity , all nominations and supporting letters should be mailed or emailed to:
Director, The Franklin Institute Awards
The Franklin Institute
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1194
Email: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the CV, Name and contact information of the nominee, bibliography of significant and relevant publications, Proposed citation of 50 words or fewer, A narrative statement describing the nominee’s qualifications, confidential letters of support, etc.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
The award, 14k gold medal, and a cash prize of $250,000 are presented annually to a distinguished member of the international scientific community for work in a prescribed discipline that changes each year.