The University of Southampton and IACCM are offering a free online course on Contract Management: Building Relationships in Business. This free online course is designed for anyone who wants to better understand what is involved in commercial business relationships, and the process of managing contractual agreements.
In this three week course, applicants will learn to build relationships and manage contracts successfully. This course will start on .
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Contract Management: Building Relationships in Business
Institution: University of Southampton, IACCM, and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
University of Southampton
Southampton is a place for ambitious people keen to stretch their intellectual abilities and help change the world.
The IACCM enables public and private sector organizations and professionals to achieve world-class standards in their contracting and and relationship management process and skills.
About This Course
Over three weeks, you will realize the importance, complexity and challenges of designing and delivering good contracts. You will learn how your objectives and those of your customer/client can be achieved in an effective way, to minimize possible threats or failures.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explore what can go right or wrong in relationships.
- Debate how the rules and regulations that govern public and private sector procurement can affect behavior.
- Identify ways you can ensure that what you buy (or sell) is what you and your customer/client really need.
- Engage in a stakeholder analysis activity by sharing your own ideas and providing feedback on others.
- Explore your supplier relationships and compare what your fellow learners are doing more or less of than in your own organization.
- Reflect on what actions you will now take to learn more about the course topics and take the lessons forward into your workplace.
This free online course is designed for anyone who wants to better understand what is involved in commercial business relationships, and the process of managing contractual agreements.
It is suitable for those working in the public, private and third sectors.
Relationships and contracts are core to all commercial as well as not for profit activities. Managing them well is a core skill for everyone in all aspects of life.
Professor of Purchasing and Supply Management. Using theory and practice to make business better is what excites me.
Tim Cummins is the founder and Chief Executive Officer for the International Association for Contract & Commercial Management, a global, non-profit professional association.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, the applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).