Columbia University is offering free online course on Free Cash Flow Method for Firm Valuation. In this course, learners will begin to apply the lessons and concepts from Introduction to Corporate Finance as they begin to discuss basics of firm valuation.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how to use the free cash flow method for firm valuation and how to compute and project free cash flows. This course will start on November 8, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Economics & Finance
Institution: Columbia University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on November 8, 2017
Columbia University is one of the world’s most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields.
About This Course
In this course, learners will begin to apply the lessons and concepts from Introduction to Corporate Finance as they begin to discuss basics of firm valuation.
Why Take This Course?
Follow Professor Wolfenzon’s lead to learn how the free cash flow method is applied to value firms. You will also learn about valuation using multiples.
- How to value a firm using the Enterprise Discounted Cash Flow Method
- Project a firm’s cash flows
- Calculate residual value
- How to value a firm using multiples
Daniel Wolfenzon is the Stefan H. Robock Professor of Finance and Economics at Columbia Business School.
Students must be familiar with basic concepts of Accounting; basic skills in Microsoft Excel (or equivalent); Students should have completed Introduction to Corporate Finance.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)