Osaka University is offering free online course on Introduction to Applied Biostatistics: Statistics for Medical Research. This Applied Biostatistics course provides an introduction to important topics in medical statistical concepts and reasoning.
The overall objective of this course is to learn data analysis for medical research with practical hands-on examples using R Commander. The course will start on 27th October, 2016.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Effort: 3-5 hours per week
Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution: Osaka University and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course starts on October 27, 2016 – Self-Paced
Osaka University is fully committed to producing leaders for tomorrow, individuals capable of conducting research that probes “beneath the surface.” Noted for outstanding research in immunology, robotics, photonics, and much more, Osaka University boasts 11 undergraduate schools, 16 graduate schools and 29 research institutions and centers.
About This Course
Want to learn how to analyze real-world medical data, but unsure where to begin? This Applied Biostatistics course provides an introduction to important topics in medical statistical concepts and reasoning. Each topic will be introduced with examples from published clinical research papers; and all homework assignments will expose learner to hands-on data analysis using real-life datasets. This course also represents an introduction to basic epidemiological concepts covering study designs and sample size computation. Open-source, easy-to-use software will be used such as R Commander and PS sample size software.
- Important topics in medical statistical concepts and reasoning
- Epidemiological Study Designs
- Data analysis using R Commander
Endowed Professor, Chair of Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)