Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering free online course on Introduction to Marketing Essentials. This business and management course will bridge the gap between information and real world experience.
In this introductory marketing course, applicants will learn the theories of marketing through practice (examples and illustrations). The course will start on September 22, 2016
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $79
Session: Course starts on September 22, 2016
Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. We build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
About This Course
This business and management course will bridge the gap between information and real world experience.
Marketing is one of the most misunderstood disciplines in management today. It is commonly used as a synonym for activities related to shopping, but it goes far beyond selling a product. In addition, many people believe they are experts in marketing, having shopped for various items all their lives and having been exposed to many advertisements.
In this introductory marketing course, applicant will learn the theories of marketing through practice (examples and illustrations). This course will explain what marketing management is all about in the simplest of terms and lay the foundation to your pathway to excellence in the wonderful world of marketing.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Basic concepts of marketing
- Segmentation, targeting, differentiation and positioning
- Marketing strategy
- 4Ps of marketing: product, price, place and promotion
Dr. Ashis Mishra is a faculty member in the Marketing Area at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB). Dr. Mishra teaches marketing management and retail management.
The course will be five weeks long. The different weeks will focus on the following:
Week 1: What is Marketing? What is Marketing Management?
Week 2: Understanding Customers
Week 3: Market Positioning
Week 4: Marketing Strategy I : Product Life Cycle
Week 5: Marketing Strategy II: 4 Ps of Marketing
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)