University System of Maryland, University of Maryland University College is offering free online course on Long-term Financial Management. To pursue a MicroMasters certificate in Accounting and Financial Management, an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is required.
In this eight week course, applicants will learn what it takes to hold a company’s financial future in your hands, as you learn how financial managers respond to the long-term financial needs of a corporation and the roles of capital markets. This course will start on December 17, 2019.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 10-15 hours pw
Subject: Economics & Finance
Institution: University System of Maryland, University of Maryland University College and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on December 17, 2019
University System of Maryland
The USM consists of three Research Universities, three Historically Black Institutions, four Traditional Comprehensive Institutions, two Regional Education Centers; one Specialized Research institution, and one “Virtual” Institution specializing in online and distance education, and a system office.
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) specializes in educating busy professionals like you. We are a public state university offering career-relevant, affordable education that fits your life.
About This Course
Want to be ahead of your competitors? Learn to employ long-term strategic financial management tools to be years ahead of your competitors. Planning for your corporation’s financial future brings value to today and tomorrow.
Why Take This Course?
An organization’s long-term financial health and success depends on critical financial planning that spans multiple years. This course, part of the Accounting and Financial Management Micro Masters program, explores the long-term financial environment of corporations, including options and futures; capital budgeting, capital structure management, dividend and share re-purchase policies, and investment banking and restructuring.
- Capital budgeting and long-term financial strategies to minimize risks
- The use of analytical tools to evaluate risks and returns on capital investments
- Analytical tools to determine corporation’s optimal capital structure
- How to apply a dividend policy to achieve corporate and shareholder goals
- Critical assessment of the interaction between investment and financing decisions
Kirby Cundiff is a Certified Financial Planner and Chartered Financial Analyst. He received his B.S. from Truman State University, M.S. in Finance and Ph.D. from University of Illinois. Dr. Kirby Cundiff has taught financial management courses since 1998.
To pursue a Micro Masters certificate in Accounting and Financial Management, an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is required. If you are not pursuing a Micro Masters certification, Course ?3?: Financial ?Management is highly recommended.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)