The University of East Anglia is offering a free online course on Managing Change in a Healthcare Environment. This course has been created for health and social care professionals working on the frontline.
On this course for healthcare professionals, you will explore the issue of change in healthcare environments, and learn how to improve your response to change. This course will start on 18 February 2019.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Managing Change in a Healthcare Environment
Institution: University of East Anglia and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: 18 February 2019
The University of East Anglia is an internationally renowned university providing top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students from over 100 countries around the globe.
About This Course
In rapidly changing world, with new healthcare roles emerging and the complexity of care increasing, being able to respond to change is vital.
On this course for healthcare professionals, you will explore the issue of change in healthcare environments, and learn how to improve your response to change. In addition you will examine the reasons behind the demand for change and look at ways of empowering others to manage change positively. You should finish the course with a firm understanding of the importance of preserving and improving the quality of service provision, while adapting to change.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Model the individual and collective responsibility and accountability for quality improvement
- Discuss the quality concepts associated with change within your own practice
- Explain the role of continual change to achieve high quality care in health and care settings
- Reflect on the demands for change in your own working environment
- Identify potential models and tools to help you to facilitate transformational change in practice
This course has been created for health and social care professionals working on the frontline.
Shihana works as a GP partner at Rosedale Surgery In Carlton Colville LOWESTOFT. She is also a Clinical Lecturer at Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia.
Susanne has since 2002 worked together with healthcare students and professionals to optimise collaborative practice through managing change and enhancing communication in ways that benefit patients.
Jackie is a lecturer at UEA. She has been designing and delivering multi-professional education and in service training around leadership and change in healthcare for the past 10 years
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).