The Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Project Management of Engineering Projects: Preparing for Success. This business and management course will focus on the necessary project management skills to successfully manage projects.
At the end of this course, you will have created your own project execution plan, either in a team effort or on individual basis. The course will start on October 5, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on October 5, 2017
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems. Our students have chosen Delft University of Technology because of our reputation for quality education and research.
About This Course
Are you a (project) engineer with a technical background but lack management knowledge? Are you eager to improve project performance and want to expand your knowledge? This business and management course will focus on the necessary project management skills to successfully manage projects, distinguishing three areas:
- The project manager and the team
- The project process
- The project context
Why Take This Course?
At the end of this course, you will have created your own project execution plan, either in a team effort or on individual basis. Of course the team effort allows for a special learning experience and we appraise active team participation
- The importance of the front-end phases to create a successful project
- How to select an appropriate project manager
- How to successfully work together in a specialized project team
- How projects are successfully managed in different sectors and contexts
- To draft a project execution plan
Hans L. M. Bakker
Since 2007, Hans Bakker is professor of the chair “Management of Engineering Projects” at Delft University of Technology.
Marcel J. C. M. Hertogh
Marcel Hertogh is professor “Infrastructure Design and Management” at Delft University of Technology.
Marian G. C. Bosch-Rekveldt
Since 2006, Marian Bosch-Rekveldt is affiliated with Delft University of Technology. She was the main developer of successful minor programs on Project Management at Delft University of Technology.
BSc level or equivalent, or three or more years experience in the field.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)