Inter-American Development Bank is offering free online course on Project Management Techniques for Development Professionals. This course provides concepts and tools to apply in project management that can generate a substantial change in the way objectives are being met.
In this five-week course, applicants will learn project management best practices to promote economic and social development in Latin America and the Caribbean. This course will start on March 8, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 6 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Inter-American Development Bank and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $25
Session: Course Starts on March 8, 2018
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) works to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education, and advance infrastructure.
About This Course
This project management MOOC includes case studies that will help you better understand key project management concepts and tools; presentations from Project Management Professional (PMP) certified with ample experience in the topic; discussion forums; and selected readings.
Why Take This Course?
The Project Management for Results (PM4R) methodology, developed by IDB’s Inter-American Institute for Economic and Social Development (INDES), serves as a conceptual base for this course.
- Basic project management concepts and techniques
- Tools and key tactics that facilitate good communication
- Project management international standards and tools
- How to identify success factors based on experiences?
Ernesto Mondelo is responsible for the creation and development of the Project Management for Results Program (PM4R), which is aimed to provide capacity development products for executing agencies in Latin America and the Caribbean, in project management topics.
Roberto Toledo Rodriguez
Roberto Toledo Rodríguez is a project management instructor and consultant with more than 18 years of experience in the field. Currently he is Associate Director of Alpha Consultoría, which is a Project Management Institute certified training firm.
Vanessa Sayos del Castillo
A Spanish national, born and raised in Barcelona, she studied political science and business at the Independent University of Barcelona [Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona; UAB] and at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)