The University of Bath is offering free online course on Quality Improvement in Healthcare: the Case for Change. The course is designed for people working in health and social care organisations such as clinicians, allied health professionals, nurses, managers or administrators.
In this six-week course, applicants will explore new and better ways of organizing health and social care services, to improve quality, with this free online course. This course will start on .
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Quality Improvement in Healthcare
Institution: University of Bath and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
The University of Bath is one of the UK‡s leading universities, ranked in the top ten of all national league tables.
The University of Bath‡s mission is to deliver world class research and teaching, educating its graduates to become future leaders and innovators, and benefiting the wider population through its research, enterprise and influence.
About This Course
Why is quality improvement in health and social care systems so difficult? Why is it so challenging to bring in new and better ways of organizing health and social care services?
Many reasons have been put forward: lack of money; lack of appropriate or complete knowledge; excessive and perhaps unnecessary regulations; and entrenched professional opinions and interests.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Identify what quality and process improvement entails, especially in a health and social care setting
- Explain how quality improvement can lead to better outcomes for staff and organisations, including customers and/or patients
- Gain confidence to start and lead a quality improvement project within your organisation
- Identify how to access additional support, and get others to join in
- Discuss how quality improvement can help you deal with complexity in organisational systems and identify how to improve key areas without worsening others
- Explore how systems modelling and analytics techniques support quality improvement initiatives
The course is designed for people working in health and social care organizations such as clinicians, allied health professionals, nurses, managers or administrators. People with a general interest in health and social care organizations, such as service users and carers, may also find the course of interest to them.
Professor and Director, Centre for Healthcare Improvement & Innovation (CHI-2) @ProfChristosV @UniofBath @BathSofM. Change by design through systems modelling and simulation in healthcare.
She is the Director of Quality at the West of England Academic Health Science Network, a Health Foundation Improvement Fellow and Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist @annaburhouse @QIWEAHSN
25yrs as NHS consultant Radiologist, 9 yrs Medical Director & 5 yrs as Regional Medical Lead for Patient Safety. I am a Health Foundation/IHI Quality Improvement Fellow. I coach & teach teams to excel
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).