The University of British Columbia is offering free online course on Software Development Capstone Project. This is the largest project in the Software Development Micro Masters program.
In this six to seven week course, applicants will apply all the skills you have learned to work through the challenging and rewarding task of designing a full-stack system. This course will start on March 6, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: University of British Columbia and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $300
Session: Course Starts on March 6, 2018
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world.
About This Course
In this project course, the final course in the Software Development Micro Masters program, you will learn how to input, manipulate, and return data with a modern web development stack. Using Typescript and Node, you will manipulate large amounts of information using a domain-specific querying language. Backend, REST, and front-end technologies will be required to successfully complete the project.
Why Take This Course?
Students will work through the project in several sprints. In each sprint, students will produce a deliverable that is evaluated using an automated test suite. The feedback you will receive from this suite will be limited. To succeed at the project you will need to create your own private test suite to further validate each deliverable.
- Full-stack web development using Typescript and Node.js
- How teams of developers build software
- Agile methodology
- Hands on experience building a non-trivial software system
Reid is an Associate Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science at the University of British Columbia.
- How to Code: Simple Data
- How to Code: Complex Data
- Software Construction: Data Abstraction
- Software Construction: Object-Oriented Design
- Engineering: Introduction
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)