The Open University (OU) is offering a free online course on Management and Leadership: Well-being and Welfare at Work. The course is designed for new or aspiring managers or experienced managers with few or no formal = qualifications.
It will enable you to demonstrate your continuous professional development and go on to achieve a CMI Level 5 Award as part of the Management and Leadership, Personal Development program. The course will start on April 1, 2019.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Management and Leadership
Institution: Open University (OU) and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on 1 April 2019, 22 July 2019, and 11 November 2019
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning.
About This Course
This online course will help you assess the needs of your people; plan, implement and evaluate their professional development cost effectively; and promote staff well-being.
It has been developed by The Open University Business School – a pioneering institution that is triple accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB – and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – the leading authority on management and leadership in the UK.
As such, it will give you the opportunity to learn from both academic experts and experienced practitioners.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Assess and plan for professional development
- Produce a plan for the resources required for professional development
- Identify, implement and evaluate a personal development plan
- Develop and support and promote staff welfare and well-being
The course is designed for new or aspiring managers or experienced managers with few or no formal qualifications. It will enable you to demonstrate your continuous professional development and go on to achieve a CMI Level 5 Award as part of the Management and Leadership, Personal Development program.
If you also complete and pass the Management and Leadership, Essentials program, you’ll earn another CMI Level 5 Award. Together, these two awards will give you a CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership – the next step to Chartered Manager status.
Charles is a Lecturer in Management (Open University). He has extensive experience in teaching on topics related to Organisation Studies. He completed his PHD at the University of Leicester.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, the applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).