Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Railway Engineering: An Integral Approach. This engineering course attempts to tackle those issues by introducing you to a holistic approach to railway systems engineering.
In this course, applicants will discover the science and complexity behind the exciting world of metro, tram and railway systems. The course will start on April 25, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on April 25, 2018
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems. Our students have chosen Delft University of Technology because of our reputation for quality education and research.
About This Course
Have you ever wondered what it takes to get your train on the right platform at the scheduled time every day?
Understanding the complexity behind today’s sophisticated railway systems will give you a better insight into how this safe and reliable transportation system works. We will show you the many factors which are involved and how multiple people, behind the scenes, have a daily task that enables you to get from home to work. Journey with us into the world of rail – a complex system that connects people, cities and countries.
Why Take This Course?
This engineering course attempts to tackle those issues by introducing you to a holistic approach to railway systems engineering. Students will learn how the system components depend on each other to create a reliable, efficient and state-of-the-art network.
- Identify the name and function of the main railway network components
- Evaluate the influence that railways exert on their environment and vice versa
- Explain the different methods of train control and their effect on timetabling and safety
- Understand the effects and the internal and external factors of disturbances on railway operations
- Identify the different methods of dealing with system degradation and the effects of interaction between the components
- Explore the state-of-the-art and future developments of railway systems
Prof.dr.ir Rolf Dollevoet
ProfessorDelft University of Technology
High school knowledge
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)