Wesleyan University is offering the freeman Asian Scholars program for international students.
The Wesleyan Freeman Asian Scholarship Program provides expenses for a four-year course of study toward a bachelor’s degree for up to eleven exceptionally able students annually from these countries and regions: the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Best offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
- Applicants for the academic year beginning in late August must have completed their secondary schooling* (high school) by then and must be citizens or permanent residents of one of these eleven countries or regions: People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam. Preference will be given to those currently living in one of these eleven countries or regions and to those who would otherwise be unable to study in the United States.
- *Students following the British O- and the A-level system typically will be enrolled in their second year of the A-level program at the time of application. We cannot consider students from Malaysia on the basis of forecast SPM results; students there should be enrolled in the second year of the STPM at the time of application. Students already enrolled in university are not eligible for a Wesleyan Freeman Asian Scholarship.
How to Apply
In order to apply for the Freeman Asian Scholars Program, you must submit the Freeman Addendum, which includes the Freeman Essay and additional academic/personal information, as well as the appropriate financial documents. Please read the following instructions carefully.
Materials that need to be submitted to apply for the Freeman Asian Scholars Program
- Freeman Scholarship Addendum
- Common Application including all required materials.
- The appropriate financial document (Certification of Finances or CSS Profile) dependent on one of the three scenarios* below that applies to you.