Fulbright-British Friends of Harvard Business School (BFHBS) Award 2009-10
User Review( votes)
* Please read the following notes carefully and refer to them when filling in the attached application form.
* Applications for Fulbright BFHBS Awards must be received in full by the Commission no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, 3 April 2009. All application materials including references must be submitted together in a single envelope.
* Fulbright BFHBS Awards are given for MBA study at Harvard Business School only. If you are applying to other business schools, you should apply for a Fulbright Award in the (Traditional) Postgraduate Awards category.
* Candidates must have applied to Harvard Business School in either the first round, November 2008, or the second round, January 2009.
* The Award provides tuition fees for the first academic year, as long as there is no duplication of funding from other sources. If your tuition fees are paid from any other source, you must inform the Commission and BFHBS.
* Fulbright Awards are not deferrable. If you defer your place at university, you will have to reapply for the Award, with new references for the correct academic year.
* To be eligible for a Fulbright Award, you must hold a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree (or the equivalent). If you have not yet graduated, you must provide confirmation of 2:1 or higher in summer 2009.
* Fulbright Awards are offered by the US-UK Fulbright Commission to UK citizens only. If you hold or are eligible to hold, US citizenship, you may not apply to us.
* All Fulbright scholars travel to the US on a J1 visa which requires them, on completion of their study programme, to return to their home country for a cumulative total of two years before they become eligible for a temporary worker’s visa or for permanent residence in the United States. Tourist travel to the US during this time is not affected.
* The Trustees of the BFHBS ask for evidence of financial need and a commitment by grantees to return to the UK after graduating with an MBA.
* Sponsored awards imply no obligation on the part of either the sponsor or the successful candidate to work for the sponsor.
Please read the terms and conditions for this award category before making an application.