The Embassy of the United States of America is inviting applicants for its Fulbright Graduate Study Program. This scholarship is available for Serbian students to pursue a master degree programme.
The aim of this scholarship is to support young professionals from Serbia to study for one year or longer at U.S. universities.
User Review( votes)
The Fulbright Program, including the Fulbright–Hays Program, is an American scholarship program of competitive, merit-based grants for international educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists and artists, founded by the United States Senator J. William Fulbright in 1946.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue master’s degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of following subjects:
- Agriculture, Economics, Linguistics, American History, Education, Mathematics, American Literature, Engineering, Philosophy, American Studies, Environmental Sciences, Physics/Astronomy, Anthropology, Geography, Political Science, Archaeology, Geology, Psychology, Biological Sciences, Information Sciences, Social Work, Chemistry, Journalism, Sociology, Communications, Library Science, TEFL/Applied Linguistics and Computer Science.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship will cover the following:
- This prestigious award covers tuition and fees at a U.S. university, a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and international airfare.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Serbia. Permanent U.S. residents and persons with dual (Serbian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible.
- Applicants must be proficient in oral and written English (selected candidates will take TOEFL and GRE tests).
- Applicants must be eligible for a J-1 visa, which requires the grantee to return to the Republic of Serbia for a minimum of two years at the end of the grant period.
- Applicants must have completed undergraduate education at the time of application.
- Applicants already studying in the U.S. are ineligible for a Fulbright grant.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
- Persons desiring permanent residence in the United States are not eligible.
Nationality: Serbian applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
Completed applications must include:
- Three (3) Letters of Reference (can be submitted online by instructors, professors or work supervisors, or sent via e-mail to the U.S. Embassy).
- Academic transcripts/diplomas (certified translation into English or verified copies of original academic transcript and degree certificate – scanned and attached to the application).
- Valid results from the U.S. standardized tests – TOEFL (required for all candidates) and GRE (required in most fields of study) – if the applicant has taken these tests in the past two years. Please note that we shall organize taking of the required tests for the selected candidates.
- A copy of passport.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 22, 2019.