Applicants are invited for Fulbright Research Scholar Award to study in the USA. The award is available for New Zealand students.
The aim of the award is to support New Zealand academic, artist or professional to lecture and/or conduct research at a US institution in the field of indigenous development.
The Fulbright Program, including the Fulbright–Hays Program, is an American scholarship program of competitive, merit-based grants for international educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists, and artists, founded by the United States Senator J. William Fulbright in 1946.
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Award is available for academic, artist or professional to lecture and/or conduct research.
- Study Subject: Award is available in the field of indigenous development.
- Scholarship Award:
- Stipend of US$4,000 per month for the grantee for 3-5 months*;
- International travel of US$3,000 for the grantee and a single allotment of US$2,000 to be used towards dependent(s)† travel (if applicable);
- A family allowance of US$500 per month for one or more dependents†;
- The opportunity to participate in various programmes and activities available to Fulbright scholars in the US, and to apply for supplementary awards where applicable such as the Outreach Lecturing Fund and Enrichment Programs ;
- A basic health benefit plan covering a maximum of US$100,000 per sickness or injury.
* These entitlements are set on the basis that scholars will receive financial assistance in the form of paid leave and/or research grants during their award. Higher stipend entitlements will be provided to scholars not receiving financial assistance in the form of paid leave and/or research grants during their award, to a maximum of US$6,000 per month.
- Number of Scholarships: One award is offered each year.
- Nationality: Applicants from New Zealand
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from New Zealand are eligible to apply for the award.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, you must:
- Have a PhD or the equivalent professional or artistic training or experience;
- Show professional distinction, leadership skills, and strong ambassadorial qualities;
- Plan to undertake full-time lecturing or research which fits within one of Ng? Pae o te M?ramatanga’s research themes at a US institution for a period of three to five months; and
- Meet the citizenship requirements for this award.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete both the online application for the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (which requires support documents to be uploaded and the names and email addresses of three references to be registered), and the supplementary application form.
- You must complete and submit an online application by the application deadline*;
- You must also submit all required support documents to us by the application deadline;
- Interviews will be held in Wellington in November. Fulbright New Zealand will pay the costs of travel to Wellington only for applicants residing in New Zealand. Applicants outside New Zealand who are unable to attend an interview in person may be disadvantaged;
- We will advise you of the outcome of your application by late November.
* Note that if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, the deadline is extended to 5:00pm on the next business day.