Applications are invited for the Vietnamese Scholar Program in the USA for the year 2022. This is a 3 to 9 months research scholarship program.
The mission of the Fulbright Scholar Program is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and people of other countries. It aims to provide educational exchange experiences to a maximum number of individuals not previously afforded such an opportunity.
Wonderful chance for students in the USA.
User Review( vote)
The Fulbright scholarship will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross-cultural relations through international exchange.
Vietnamese citizens must have adequate English skills to conduct their research and/or lectures in the United States.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
- Course Level: This is a 3 to 9 months research scholarship program.
- Study Subject: Although applicants from all fields are welcome to apply, special consideration will be given to scholars in the academic disciplines of American Studies, Environmental Policy, Foreign Policy, Economics (including International Economics and Agricultural Economics), Public Health, Law, Public Administration, Higher Education Administration, and Women’s Studies.
- Awards: Participants in the Vietnamese Scholar Program are provided with a stipend and living expenses, health and accident insurance for the full term of the grant. Typical grants range from three months to nine months. Participants are also provided with transportation to and from the United States and participants are eligible to apply for further travel grants to cover additional research not covered by the main grant. CIES helps place scholars at appropriate host institutions in the United States.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Nationality: Vietnamese citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA (American institutions or universities)
- Eligible Countries: Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Applicants must possess all of the following qualifications in order to be eligible unless specific exemptions are stated by the Fulbright Commission or Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy (hereafter called “Fulbright organisation”) in the country from which you are applying.
- Citizenship or permanent resident status qualifying applicants to hold a valid passport issued in the country in which the application is made. Persons selected for a Fulbright grant will be required to submit a copy of their passport data page to the Fulbright organisation. Persons applying for or holding permanent residence in the United States are not eligible. Persons who are citizens of both a partner country and the United States are also ineligible. Fulbright Scholars enter the United States on an Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa under a U.S. Department of State program and are subject to the two-year home-country residency requirement associated with the J-1 visa. NOTE: Scholars and their dependents who have held J visas with the sponsorship of more than six months are not eligible to reenter as J-1 researchers or lecturers for 12 months following the program sponsorship end date. In addition, scholars who have previously held a J visa in the professor or research scholar category are not eligible for sponsorship again in those two categories for a period of 24 months following the program sponsorship end date.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent professional training or experience at the time of application. For professionals and artists outside the academe, recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishment is expected.
- A detailed project statement of proposed activity at a U.S. institution. The proposed project should contribute to the development of knowledge in your field and must be effectively investigated within a period of three to 12 months in the United States (ask your local Fulbright organisation about standard grant lengths they require or recommend).
- Proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed teaching and/or research project to be carried out in the United States. Applicants may be required to take an English proficiency examination at the U.S. Embassy.
- Sound physical and mental health. Those selected for a Fulbright grant are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants can be finalised. In addition, you should note the following conditions affecting review and selection of candidates: Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, age, and/or physical impairment.
- Preference is given to those without recent experience in the United States.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. The complete application includes:
- Application form
- Detailed project statement
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Three reference letters
- Supplementary documentation, where applicable:
- Letter of invitation
- Result of English test Course syllabi (for candidates with teaching proposals)
- Proof of financial support for dependents (for those candidates who will bring dependents to the U.S.)
- English Language Requirements: Participants must be Vietnamese citizens and must have adequate English skills to conduct their research and/or lectures in the United States.