The University of Turku Scholarships for Master’s Degree Programmes are now open for applications for the academic year 2018-2019. The University of Turku has high-quality programmes covering a wide range of topics from exact sciences to broader and more general fields of study.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide either 50% or 100% of the tuition fee to international students to study at the university.
User Review( votes)
The University of Turku, located in Turku in southwestern Finland, is the second largest university in the country as measured by student enrollment, after the University of Helsinki.
- Application deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
- Study Subject: The University of Turku has high-quality programmes covering a wide range of topics from exact sciences to broader and more general fields of study.
- Are you interested in what goes inside people’s heads? Check the brand new programme in Human Neuroscience.
- Do global issues fascinate you? Maybe Nordic Cultural Resilience and Social Change, East Asian Studies or Futures Studies is the programme for you?
- Are you aiming to be a professional at human health? Start with applying to Biomedical Sciences or Digital Health and Life Sciences.
- + programmes in Law, Education, Business, IT and Natural Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Tuition fees (8 000 – 16 000 € per year) will be charged from citizens of a country outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. However, if you have to pay tuition fees you are also eligible for the scholarship. In our last application round, we awarded a total of 570 000 euros worth of scholarships to our best applicants. About a third of the fee-paying students get the scholarship and it covers either 50% or 100% of the tuition fee. The scholarship holders are chosen based on their previous academic merit, suitability to the programme and motivation. The application form includes a question where you can indicate that you are applying for the scholarship.
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Finland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Students should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study and good enough English skills. Language skills are usually verified by an international language test such as TOEFL or IELTS but there are also other, programme-specific ways of demonstrating your skills.
English Language Requirements: Language skills are usually verified by an international language test such as TOEFL or IELTS but there are also other, programme-specific ways of demonstrating your skills.
How to Apply:
The application form is online at studyinfo.fi.
- Check first our website utu.fi and decide which one(s) of our thirteen programmes is for you.
- Check that you are eligible for the programme and that you have all the required enclosures ready. Scan the enclosures to pdf-files.
- Head for studyinfo.fi and search for the programme(s) you are interested in or simply click the direct link on the masters.utu.fi programme page. Next, to the programme description, you find the button “fill in application”.
- Fill in the application by 31 January and submit all of the enclosures in electronic form (pdf).