U.S. Department of State and the Government of Macedonia are very pleased to announce the 2019-20 Fulbright Student Program for Visiting Student Researchers and Masters Degree in the United States.
A good opportunity for students
User Review( votes)
- Completed University degree, or enrollment in postgraduate studies
- Proficiency in English to undertake graduate or research in the United States
- Macedonian citizenship and/or permanent residence in Macedonia.
- Application to be completed in English and submitted online at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/:
- Each page of the following application carries its own instructions, which should be read carefully before proceeding.
- Every question must be answered completely and carefully. Please make every effort to limit your responses to the space provided.
- Completed applications should be submitted by May 31, 2019
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A complete application consists of the following components:
In these five pages, you will state biographical information, study objectives, curriculum vitae, and other information. Please note the following special instructions on certain numbered fields in the application:
(a) Non-degree Objective Visiting Student Researcher.
(b) Study Objectives
- The description of your study objectives in the U.S. is an essential and highly important part of your application. You should take great care in writing a clear and detailed description of the program you want to pursue. An unclear, incomplete or overly brief statement can diminish your chances for admission to an appropriate program in the U.S. Do not list your choice of universities here or anywhere else in the of the application.
- Confidential Information Form
The information you provide in this section is used for IIE’s internal purposes and as a release form to obtain standardized test scores when necessary. You may list your choice of U.S. universities on this form only.
- Confidential Letters of Reference
1. You must submit three letters. U.S. universities consider letters of reference to be extremely important. All letters of reference should be written by teachers under whom you have studied or pursued research or by someone who has supervised you in work related to your proposed field of study.
2. Letters of reference should not be written by persons related to you either by blood or marriage or by personal friends. At least one academic and one professional or work-related letter must be included among the three letters you provide.
3. The letters of reference should be written in English, if possible. If they are not, a certified translation must be provided. Please be certain to ask that both pages of the form are completed. You can print out these forms and forward them to the individuals who will be your referees.
- STANDARDIZED TESTS
1. All finalists will be required to take the official TOEFL and will receive instructions on how to apply.
TOEFL test is an admissions requirement at all U.S. universities for applicants whose native language is not English.
2.In addition, degree-seeking students may be required to take the GRE or GMAT, depending on your field of study, in order to be considered for admissions to graduate programs in the U.S. You will receive instructions on how to apply for one of these exams.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- CHANGE OF PLANS: You should promptly inform the U.S. Embassy of any change in your academic status or future plans after this application has been submitted.
- A complete application includes:
2.A detailed statement of a proposed activity
3.detailed curriculum vitae
4.three letters of reference
5.copy of passport
6.copy of university or master’s degree or letter confirming enrollment in a doctoral program in 7.Macedonia
8.letter from employer confirming the employment
9.any optional supplementary documents.
- DURATION OF GRANTS
1. Fulbright pre-doctoral grants for non-degree research affiliations are awarded for one period of nine-months during the academic year, beginning in August or September.
2. Fulbright pre-doctoral grants for Master’s degree study are awarded for 1-2 academic years, depending on the length of your degree program.
3. Candidates appointed to certain types of Fulbright grants may be required to arrive during the summer for an introductory course or intensive English program prior to the academic year.
Please scan all the above-mentioned documents and attach to your online application.
Application forms can be found at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/ or http://fulbright.state.gov/
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
Educational Affairs Assistant
Public Affairs Office
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 389-2-310 2000 ext 2099
Fax: 389-2-310 2499