Bar Ilan University (BIU) is seeking 4 excellent early stage researchers (ESRs) for a 3-year fully funded PhD program in Israel starting between June and October 2018.
The Fellows will benefit not only from leadership by expert research supervisors but also from secondments in academia, policy and health organizations, training and transferable-skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences over the period of their fellowship.
User Review( votes)
This prestigious program called EuroAgeism is funded under Horizon 2020, MSCA-Innovative training network as international, multidisciplinary, inter-sectorial training program. EuroAgeism is a consortium of high profile universities, research institutions and an NGO that are located in Israel, Belgium, Czech Republic, Poland, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Finland, and Sweden.
- Application deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Research areas include the following: Psychology, sociology, social psychology, political sciences, social work, economy, clinical pharmacy, engineering, design, social networks, geography, nursing, gerontology, gender studies, labor studies, anthropology, law and related fields.
- Award: Trainees will be offered a living allowance, mobility allowance and family allowance (if applicable) in line with the Marie Skodowska-Curie Horizon 2020 requirements for ESRs.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Awards: Four PhD positions are available.
- The award can be taken in Israel
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, the applicants need to fully respect three eligibility criteria:
- An early stage researcher (ESR) is defined as a candidate being in the first four years of his/her research career at the time of the recruitment and does not have a doctoral degree. The research career starts after the degree that enables a student to proceed with a Ph.D. (usually, the Master degree).
- There are no restrictions regarding the nationality of the ESRs and they can come from any nation. Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) in order to participate in training and conduct research when taking up the appointment.
- ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
English Language Requirements: ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send their full application directly to liat.ayalon-at-biu.ac.il and copy to Euroageism-at-gmail.com as a single PDF file (5 MB max). The application deadline is 31 January 2018. Further details of application procedures and projects to be pursued at BIU are also obtainable from the information sheet on the Fellowships.
If you are interested in Ph.D. position in one of the above stated professional areas, please send your full application directly to liat.ayalon-at-biu.ac.il. Please also copy Euroageism-at-gmail.com) as a single PDF file (5 MB max) including:
- A cover letter, stating your research motivation and interests; including the relevant background. Up to 1 page
- A brief outline of a research proposal pertinent to the project chosen up to 1 page.
- CV with a publication list
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Master degree documentation- Official documents confirming that you have successfully finished pre-graduate studies and can apply for Ph.D. position
- Previous scientific experience and the topic of the diploma thesis (or another small research thesis successfully passed before the application)
- All relevant documents confirming your qualifications and English skills (studies in the EuroAgeism program are in English)