The University of Sheffield is delighted to announce five fully-funded PhD Positionsavailable to students from the UK, EU and all around the world. The grant is available for the academic year 2020-2021.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as a successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School and Sheffield Technical School.
User Review( votes)
Why at the University of Sheffield? At this university, students will be taught by inspirational researchers and be able to see the work they do first hand. They challenge students to explore their own values and beliefs while enriching their understanding of others.
- Application Deadline: January 29, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded within the Faculty of Science in the following subjects:
- Animal and Plant Sciences, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Physics and Astronomy and Psychology.
- Award: Covers tuition fees
- Nationality: UK, EU and International students
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in the UK
Eligible Countries: UK, EU and International students are eligible to apply for this application
Eligible Course or Subjects: The financial aid positions will be awarded in all subjects offered by the university.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have met the following requirements:
- The University welcomes applications from students with excellent degrees from UK, EU or overseas institutions.
- Minimally, applicants should hold or be about to obtain an upper second class (2:1) degree from a UK university or equivalent qualification from a recognized EU or overseas institution.
- Studentships will be awarded competitively, so relevant research experience and/or Masters level degree qualifications will be significant enhancements.
- Studentships will pay the equivalence of a standard RCUK stipend and Home, EU or overseas fees as appropriate.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Complete the University’s postgraduate online application to apply.
Admission Requirements: Applicants should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirements: Students may be required to take an internationally recognized English language test such as IELTS.
Each Faculty can offer a range of University of Sheffield Research Scholarships which may include all or some of:
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a full maintenance stipend at the UKRI rate (full-time rate £15,009 in 2019-20)
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a half or partial maintenance stipend
- Fees only (UK/EU or Overseas)
- A contribution towards fees and/or maintenance
- Access to Research Support funds for conference and other expenses