Applicants are invited to apply for the Fully-funded Portsmouth Global PhD Positionsfor exceptional International students at University of Portsmouth starting in October 2021.
We’re proud to be a breath of fresh air in the academic world – a place where everyone gets the support they need to achieve their best. We’re always discovering. Through the work we do, we engage with our community and world beyond our hometown. We don’t fit the mould, we break it. We educate and transform the lives of our students and the people around us. We recruit students for their promise and potential and for where they want to go.
Nice chance for international students.
User Review( vote)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue a PhD program.
- Study Subject: Global PhD projects
- Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Art, Design and Performance
- Biological Sciences
- Business and Management
- Cosmology and Gravitation
- Dental Academy
- The film, Media and Communication
- Languages and Linguistics
- Mechanical and Design Engineering
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Scholarship Award: These fully-funded 3-year scholarships cover annual tuition fees at an international (non-EEA) rate; an annual stipend in line with that offered by Research Councils UK of £14,777 per annum (2018/2021 rate); and one return flight to London during the duration of the course.
- Nationality: Studentships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Two studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Studentships are available for International students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You’ll need a good first degree from an internationally recognised university (minimum second class or equivalent, depending on your chosen course) or a Master’s degree in an appropriate subject. In exceptional cases, we may consider equivalent professional experience and/or Qualifications. English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
- How to Apply:
- Select a subject area from the list above, where you’ll find potential project areas/projects. Within each, you’ll find more details about important things, such as entry requirements.
- Next, get in touch with the named project supervisor; to help speed up the application process, forward your CV and (where applicable) an outline of your research idea too.