The Central South University (CSU) is inviting applications for full funding for Non-Chinese students to study in China. Central South University will evaluate the application materials and organize interviews when necessary.
The Central South University (CSU) is situated in Changsha, a famous historical and cultural city in Hunan, China, and covers an area of 3,924,000 m2 (with a floor area of 2,760,000 m2), with its campuses distributed on the east and west of Xiangjiang River. As a top university directly under the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the People’s Republic of China, CSU is one of the first universities admitted into “Project 211” (the Chinese government’s endeavor aimed at strengthening about 100 institutions of higher education and key disciplinary areas), “Project 985” (the Chinese government’s effort to found world-class universities), and “Plan 2011” (the Chinese government’s another initiative to improve universities’ innovation forces).
User Review( vote)
For English-taught programs, TOEFL 85 or IELTS 6.0 (received within two years) is required. Following situations can be given exemption: a native speaker of English or the previous degree was fully taught in English.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Bachelors, Master, Doctoral and Chinese language training
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: Full scholarship covers tuition, on-campus dormitory and medical insurance fees and provides a monthly living allowance of 2000 RMB for bachelor degree students, 2500 RMB for master degree students and 3000 RMB for doctoral degree students. The partial award covers tuition and medical insurance fees.
- Nationality: Non-Chinese citizens
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in China
Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply for this application programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
1) Non-Chinese citizens with non- criminal records and in good health.
2) For Bachelor Degree a high school graduate aged from 18 to 30; for Master Degree a bachelor degree holder aged from18 to 35; for Doctoral Degree a master’s degree holder aged from 18 t0 40; for Chinese language training a total beginner without study experience in China aged from 18 to 30.
3) Applicants of postgraduate programs are required to have a strong academic background, innovated, and with a great capability of research.
4) For Chinese-taught programs, HSK 4 (above 180) is required. Following situations can be given exemption: the native speaker of Chinese or the previous degree was fully taught in Chinese or applicants of BA Program of Chinese language. Those who are not qualified for HSK when applying must attend Chinese training for one year in CSU and pass HSK 4 test, otherwise cannot start academic degree study.
For English-taught programs, TOEFL 85 or IELTS 6.0 (received within two years) is required. Following situations can be given exemption: the native speaker of English or the previous degree was fully taught in English.
5) Not funded by any other institution or scholarship than CSU.
English Language Requirements: For English-taught programs, TOEFL 85 or IELTS 6.0 (received within two years) is required. Following situations can be given exemption: a native speaker of English or the previous degree was fully taught in English.
How to Apply:
- Register online: (from 1 March to 31 May 2018)
- Submit the following required application materials online and send two hard copies of the materials to the university before 31 May 2018, including:
- Printed online Application form for CSU with personal signature and photo
- Copy of the passport (within 6 months validity)
- Highest diploma (Notarized photocopy)
- Transcript of the highest diploma (Notarized photocopy)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Photocopy) and copies of blood test reports and reports of ECG and X-ray of chest (within 6 months validity)
- Non-criminal certificate with official stamp
- The copy of banknote for application fee RMB 500 or USD 90 (marked the name of the applicant)
- Transcript of HSK4 for Chinese-taught majors and IELTS\TOFEL or any other English proficiency certificates for English-taught majors.
- Study Plan of no less than 800 words (only for postgraduate programs)
- Two letters of recommendation from different professors (only for postgraduate programs)
- A statement for not funded by other types of scholarship.
- Published essays or any other supporting materials (only for postgraduate candidates)