Grasp an exciting funding opportunity to study in the United Kingdom through the Fully Funded Sport Science Research Scholarship. This award is funded by University of Agder (Norway) and Swansea University.
The educational program is open to ambitious international students pursuing a PhD research program at the university for the session 2020/21.
User Review( votes)
As the third-largest university in Wales, Swansea University is a public research university. The university listed as one of the top 400 universities in the World University Rankings.
Why at Swansea University? While studying at this university, students can get opportunities for developing skills to prepare them for a career. They can build skills in research, analysis, writing, and presentation.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
- University: University of Agder (Norway) and Swansea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for international (non-EU) students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD program will be awarded in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
Candidates should hold a minimum of an upper second class (2:1) honours degree (or it’s equivalent) in Sports Science or similar relevant science discipline (Sport and Exercise Sciences, Public Health, Data Analysis). An MSc in a related subject area is desirable.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience with statistical methods to analyse movement data
- Knowledge and understanding of asthma
- Aptitude for coding for data analysis
- Communication skills, especially with youth
- Motivation and self-drive
- Organizational and time management skills
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are interested to join the program, you must have to take admission in a degree program at this university. After applying for admission, applicants must download the application form and submit it by email to Dr Melitta McNarry ([email protected])
- Supporting Documents: Two-page CV, degree certificates and transcripts, a cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project and contact details of two references (academic or previous employer)
- Admission Requirements: For admission in a PhD degree program, applicants need to meet the admission requirements.
- Language Requirement: The university would normally expect the academic and English Language requirements (IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) to be met by point of application.
The university covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees (£4,327 covered for international candidates) and an annual stipend of £12,000 for three years.