The University of East London is inviting applications for nine fully funded studentships for Home/EU and International students for the academic year 2018-2019. Each studentship is for a period of three years with a maintenance allowance of £16,700, plus a training bursary of £2,000.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible with changing needs of the students.
UEL has a strong commitment to being an ethical organization, and they take very seriously their responsibilities within the wider community.
If English is not applicant’s first language, they will need to provide evidence of their competence – for example, IELTS Academic English.
- Application Deadline: March 2, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: The Research Excellence PhD Studentships will be available across all academic Colleges at UEL. While we encourage applications in the research areas described above, we will welcome applications in any area of research strength at UEL. UEL encourage applications in the following areas:
- Social health and wellbeing
- People, sustainability, and place
- Data, technologies, and culture
- Tourism and heritage
- Scholarship Award: Each studentship is for a period of three years with a maintenance allowance of £16,700 for the 2018-19 academic year, plus a training bursary of £2,000. The candidate will be expected to register at the start of the autumn term 2018.
- Nationality: Home/EU and International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to nine studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
UEL is making our Research Excellence PhD Studentships available across all our academic schools and hopes to welcome dynamic expressions of Interest that may seek to move across the disciplinary boundaries to innovate and stimulate new thinking.
Prior to making your application, you are encouraged to identify a UEL school within our three Colleges, and a supervisor which matches your area of interest. When submitting your expression of interest you must clearly state the School/s and/or Institutes you wish your study to be based in.
Applications are welcome from International applicants but, due to the nature of funding available, the studentship will only cover the Home/EU tuition fee each year. With this in mind, any successful International applicant would be required to cover the financial difference between the Home/EU and International tuition fee each year.
English Language Requirements: If English is not applicant’s first language, they will need to provide evidence of their competence – for example, IELTS Academic English.
How to Apply: Please complete an expression of interest form and send it to pgrenquiries-at-uel.ac.uk
For enquiries relating to this studentship please contact pgrenquiries-at-uel.ac.uk.