The University of Sussex is pleased to offer applications for the Gazelle Twin Scholarship, funded by donations from alums of the University of Sussex Music Department.
The award program is open for international students from Afghanistan who identify as a woman or non-binary and plan to apply for Music BA or Music Technology BA, starting in September 2023.
Nice help for female students from Afghanistan.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sussex has organized nine faculties and over 125 schools and departments across the sciences, humanities, and arts spectrum.
Why study at the University of Sussex? At Sussex, Music Technology focuses on creativity, innovation, and research. Students can develop the skills to define musical practices of the future through composition, performance, and production.
Application Deadline: 1st July 2023, 23:59
- University or Organization: University of Sussex
- Department: Music Technology
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £500 Cash award
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: Afghani
- Awards can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for BA in Music or Music Technology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must either identify as a woman or non-binary.
- Applicants must have received an offer to study either Music BA or Music Technology BA, starting in September 2023.
- Applicants must have evidence of strong musical ability.
- Applicants might have a higher level of Music within your International Baccalaureate (with at least grade 5) or have other evidence of musical ability outside your International Baccalaureate studies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply for the scholarship after receiving an offer of a place on a Music course at Sussex. After taking the admission offer, the applicant can apply for the Gazelle Twin Scholarship for Women in Music Technology (2023).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to provide a personal statement and an audio or video example of musical work.
- Applicants might, for example, be asked to provide a portfolio of compositions, songs/tracks, recordings of public performances, or a combination of several of these.
- Admission Requirements: 30 -32 points overall from the full IB Diploma. Suppose applicants are applying without a formal music qualification but have a strong UCAS application. In that case, Sussex will probably ask applicants to submit evidence of their musical ability as part of the university selection process.
- Language Requirement: IELTS (Academic): 6.0 overall, including at least 5.5 in each component. Applicants can check the IELTS qualification meets all of the language requirements.
The University of Sussex will provide one £500 cash award to a selected student identifying as a woman or non-binary.