The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) is thrilled to announce Need-based International Scholarships year-round to make their programs financially accessible to all.
GIA is accepting merit-based scholarship applications for prospective US and international students.
Nice offer for international students
User Review( votes)
The Gemological Institute of America is a nonprofit institute for gemology and jewelry arts research and education that is ranked among the top 100 universities in the country. The goal of the GIA is to ensure public trust in gems and jewelry.
Why should you go with the Gemological Institute of America? Through education, research, laboratory services, and equipment development, GIA supports the highest standards of honesty, academics, science, and professionalism. It is also committed to lifelong learning and personal development, which provides students and faculty a sense of belonging.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
- University or Organization: The Gemological Institute of America
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Diploma
- Award: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Students from all countries are eligible to apply
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- To be admitted to GIA courses and programs, all applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants for on-campus and lab classes must be at least 18 years old.
- ELearning applications from individuals over the age of 16 with the necessary approvals and paperwork.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply applicants must:
- You are not required to submit a scholarship application; however, you may be required to complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application and/or provide proof of eligibility. If you are eligible, our Financial Assistance staff will assist you in receiving your prize.
- Documents must be sent in Word, PDF, or JPEG format.
- The applicant must specify a study program and approach.
- The GIA Scholarship application must be submitted by the application deadline.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- A letter of recommendation is not required for employment. DO NOT INCLUDE A RESUME OR CV.
- Writer introduces themselves, how they know you, why they are recommending you for a GIA scholarship, and why they believe a GIA scholarship grant will assist you in achieving your goals.
- The letter must be signed and dated within the last year, and it must include the writer’s contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address).
- If available, letters should be written on corporate letterhead.
- Admission Requirements: To be admission to GIA courses and programs, applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
- English language proficiency is necessary. As verification, students must produce standardized proficiency exam results.
The recipient of this scholarship will receive either full or partial assistance with their tuition fees so that they can continue their education at GIA.