Are you planning to enroll at Ryerson University and get new leadership skills? If your answer is yes, then here is a great opportunity to apply for the Geoff Boyes International Student Leadership Awards in Canada.
Founded in 1948, Ryerson University is a public research university based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It offers full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate programs leading to Bachelor’s, Masters, and Doctoral degrees.
Why study at Ryerson University? RU post-secondary education will primarily serve as a means for gaining the skills, training, and knowledge necessary to enter their desired profession. The secondary level of education is particularly instrumental in equipping learners with knowledge that enables their minds to think, as well as study the world around them.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
- University or Organization: Ryerson University
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: Post-Secondary Education
- Award: $2,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from all around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Post-Secondary studies
- Admissible Criteria: The students must enroll in full-time secondary school studies
- Candidate must have been continuously enrolled in full-time secondary school studies and be enrolling in a post-secondary institution for the first time (i.e. at least three Ontario Grade 12 U/M courses, or Canadian provincial/international equivalents, within the 2021-2022 regular secondary school year).
- Eligible candidates must be admitted to an undergraduate degree program and satisfy any/all conditions included in an official offer of admission.
- An international student (non-An international student (non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this education award, claimants are required to take admission at the University. After taking confirmation, seekers will be automatically considered for the studentship.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following documents:
- An essay or project summary: this may be a piece of creative writing or a summary of any creative project which you may have undertaken. It must reflect your capacity for original thought and creative ability (max 750 words).
- Two (2) letters of reference:
- Academic reference letter that confirms your scholastic abilities. This reference may also speak to your leadership/creative endeavours.
- The reference letter should address your leadership/creative endeavours. It should not verify academic achievement.
- Admission Requirements: For gaining admission in a postgraduate degree, aspirants are required to hold their previous degree study certificates.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from a country where English is not the first language, are required to present proof of English Language Proficiency at a satisfactory level.
Benefits: Ryerson University will cover the award amount of $2,000 to the winning candidates.