The Queensland University of Technology is sponsoring Equity funding for Australian or New Zealand and International students
Study Subject(s): All study areas
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research
Scholarship Provider: Queensland University of Technology
The award can be taken at Australia
Great offer for domestic and international students
User Review( votes)
You must be:
- from a low-income background
- experiencing financial hardship.
The university also takes personal hardship into consideration when assessing applications. This includes:
- personal medical conditions
- dependents with special needs.
How to Apply
When applications are open you will only need to submit one application form to be considered for all scholarships under the scheme, including the Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships with required documents such as:
- individual transaction histories for all bank accounts, covering the last two months. Make sure that your name and current account balance is included.
- proof of income
- proof of the income of the parent(s)/caregiver(s) if financially dependent and/or living at home
- proof of a partner’s income (if partnered)
- Centrelink Income Statement for Youth Allowance, Austudy, ABSTUDY or other pension or benefit if you haven’t completed the Centrelink consent form
- Australian Taxation Office Notice of Assessment for the most recent financial year (please provide us with recent payslips covering at least two months if you are unable to provide this document). If you are financially dependent on your family and/or living at home you must also supply family income documentation.
If you’re eligible due to personal hardship, you’ll need to indicate on the application form how your personal circumstances, either past or present, have had a negative impact on your life and your capacity to give time and attention to your studies.
Domestic students can receive:
- an Equity Scholarship of $7,500 per year for up to four years
- an Equity Scholarship of $5,000 for one year
- an Equity Scholarship of $3,500 for one year
- an Equity Bursary of $1,500 for one year
- an Equity computer. You can only receive an Equity computer every second year
International students can receive:
- an Equity Bursary of up to $1,500 for one year
- an Equity computer (with the capacity to access the internet and a USB drive). You can only receive an Equity computer every second year
application Deadline: Applications for Semester 1, 2020 will open in mid-October.