German Egyptian Mobility Programme is open for Egyptian and German applicants for Scientific Exchange and Excellence Development. The programme is funded by the Science and Technology Development Fund (STDF) in Egypt and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in Germany.
GE-SEED aims at supporting bilateral mobility between Egyptian and German scientific teams with the special emphasis on young scientists (Master and PhD students), and within the framework of a jointly submitted research project for a period of up to two years. The main goal of this program is to encourage partnerships between both sides and enhance collaboration and technology transfer.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation.
- Application deadline: December 4, 2017
- Course Level: The programme is available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: The programme is offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Grants will be offered only towards travel and living costs within the framework of a well-defined and approved research project. For the Egyptian PI, the STDF will bear the travel cost (including overseas medical insurance) between the place of work of the scientists/students in Egypt and the place of work in Germany.
- It is expected that primary financing for the collaborative research project, including personnel costs, is already available or will be obtained from other sources of funding.
- The total funding requested from the Egyptian and the German side, respectively, must not exceed 15.000 EURO per project per year
- Nationality: Egyptian and German
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany and Egypt
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Egypt and Germany
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- A concrete and sound research proposal must be submitted.
- The Pl should be a Ph.D. holder.
- On the Egyptian side, only Egyptian researchers are eligible for a mobility grant to Germany. Also, the researchers must be affiliated to an institution which has an Egyptian legal identity.
- Parallel applications of teams, team members or PIs during the same funding period are not permitted.
- In cases where a team/team member has been previously awarded a GE-SEED grant, he/she may apply for a new grant through the GE-SEED Program only after the completion of his/her previously funded project. In this case a report of the success of the previous project has to be submitted together with the new application.
- Quality of the project is one of the main criteria for accepting a project, but involvement of young scientists will be given preference if applicable.
- All relevant documents must be submitted (such as ethical committee approval).
- Egyptian Team members are required to handle their own security clearance
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- Proposals in a prescribed format are to be submitted by the German PI to the DAAD, Bonn Portal and by the Egyptian PI to STDF, Egypt. Only applications submitted by the two PIs with all necessary documents will be considered. Proposals will be evaluated by DAAD and STDF on the basis of scientific merit, need for co-operation and the composition of project teams
How to Apply:
- Application form
- CVs of all Egyptian and German team members
- Ethical Declaration
- Publication list of the Egyptian and German PIs
- Endorsement letter from the Egyptian PI’s institution