The Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Center for Media Competence at the University of Tübingen is awarding Germany fellowships for Indian journalists. Successful candidates will visit Germany from June to August 2019.
The term media ambassadors (“Medienbotschafter”) express the program partners’ aim to strengthen international understanding between India and Germany through journalism exchange. The fellowship program “Media Ambassadors India – Germany” aims to attract journalists with an interest in international understanding between India and Germany.
User Review( votes)
Understanding of each other and knowledge about each other. For international understanding. Against prejudices and ignorance. The perception of Germans and Indians is largely defined and influenced by the media. An increase in reporting, however, does not necessarily lead to a better understanding of each other. Very often, stereotypes and prejudices determine people’s opinion on both sides.
- Applications Deadline: The application deadline for Indian journalists is November 30, 2018.
- Course Level: Fellowship is awarded to Journalists. Indian fellows coming to Germany will participate in a one-month academic course at Center for Media Competence at the University of Tübingen, before putting their newly acquired knowledge into practice at editorial departments in Hamburg or Berlin for eight weeks.
- Study Subject: The fellowship is open to journalists from the areas of print, online, radio, and television media who have proof of professional excellence and of interest in Indo- German relations.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship covers an allowance of 1600 Euros per month and all travel expenses associated with the program.
The Three Months Stay Includes
- Travel costs
- A monthly stipend of € 1.600
- Professional journalistic skill enhancement courses
- A chance to work in a German or an Indian newsroom
- An extensive cultural program
- A field trip in Germany or India, respectively
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for Indian and German Journalists.
- Number of Scholarships: Eight Indian fellows complete a twelve-week stay in Germany.s
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for Indian and German Journalists.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The program “Medienbotschafter Indien – Deutschland” gives journalists a unique possibility to work and study in India and Germany. The program is open to Indian and German professionals who have several years of working experience and possess very good skills in English. Indian journalists can only apply for a stay in Germany and German journalists can only apply for a stay in India. The program’s selection committee will choose up to eight fellows for each period of stay (upto 16 fellowships per year). Do you want to be one of our next fellows? We are looking forward to your application!
Requirements for Indian applicants:
– several years of professional experience as a journalist (TV, radio, print, online)
– Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. German language skills would be an advantage.
Requirements for German applicants:
– Several years of professional experience as a journalist (TV, radio, print, online)
– Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
English Language Requirements: German language skills are not necessary, but of advantage.
How to Apply: Required documents are:
1. A CV with a current photo
2. A letter of motivation (one A4 page)
3. One detailed investigation/reporting plan (topic, interview partners, schedule etc.) for one of the journalistic projects you would like to realize during your stay (one A4 page). You also need to suggest two further plans that you would like to work on while you are here. Please refer to the FAQ for further explanation.
4. Three work samples (Text! If you are a radio or TV journalist, please submit short descriptions or reviews of your productions)
5. Complete online application form
IMPORTANT: Combine your documents into a single PDF file and please arrange the pages in the order shown above. Complete documents must be submitted to us in electronic format by using the online application form. Incomplete applications and applications with more than one PDF file will not be accepted. Please do not send in audio or video files, CDs or DVDs. The PDF attachment must not exceed a total of 16 MB in size. The upload time can vary depending on the amount and size of the attachment or the applicant’s Internet connection.