Applications are invited for Getty Graduate Internships at the Getty Center in Los Angeles or the Getty Villa in Malibu. Getty Graduate Internships are offered by the four programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust (the Museum, Research Institute, Conservation Institute, and the Foundation), as well as by Getty Publications.
All positions are full-time for twelve months from September 9, 2021, to September 4, 2020. The application deadline is November 1, 2018.
- Field of Internship: Internship is awarded in the fields related to the visual arts. Training and work experience placements are available in areas such as curatorial, education, conservation, research, publications, information management, public programs, and grantmaking.
- Course Level: Internship
- Internship Provider: Getty Foundation
- An internship can be taken in the USA
- Internships are open to students of all nationalities. Applicants must be:
- Students currently enrolled in a graduate program (Master of Arts (M.A.), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), graduate conservation certificate, or their equivalents for international applicants) in a field relevant to the internship(s) for which they are applying.
- Individuals who have completed a relevant graduate degree (Master of Arts (M.A.), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), graduate conservation certificate, or their equivalents for international applicants) on or after January 1, 2017, with postgraduate activities in their field, paid or unpaid.
Internship Open for International Students: Internships are open to students of all nationalities.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
How to Apply
How to Apply:
- Application Materials
As part of the application, you will need to prepare the following materials:
- Personal Statement: Your Personal Statement should consist of no more than 500 words (two double-spaced pages) that explain how your Getty internship selections (choose two in order of preference) fit with your background and career goals. Include the reasons for your choice of specific departments or programs for an internship. Also describe what you hope to achieve from the experience and what you believe you can contribute.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Current resumes are required for all applicants.
- Transcript(s)/Academic Records:
We require transcripts/academic records for undergraduate degree/s (completed) and graduate degree/s (completed or in progress).
Internship Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 1, 2021