New programme started has now started accepting applications for GFZ PostDoc Fellowship that aim at adding to the future direction of GFZ’s research. The positions are planned to be filled as of November 2018.
The GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national research centre for Earth sciences. Research at the GFZ focuses on the geosphere within the highly complex System Earth with its further subsystems, its interacting subcycles, and its wide network of cause-and-effect chains. This we do in a close interdisciplinary collaboration with the related scientific disciplines physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology as well as with the engineering sciences disciplines of rock mechanics, engineering hydrology and seismology.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: GFZ has established a fund to promote the topics in GFZ’s research program, the topic innovation fund (TIF). TIF is intended as an incentive for the further development of the program topics.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a junior scientists from within or outside the GFZ, holding a PhD in Geosciences or related fields that is not older than 8 years
- Every applicant needs a GFZ section that sponsors and hosts the applicant (‘lead section’) and at least one additional co-sponsoring section
- Applications must be supported by section leaders with a reference letter
- Innovative character of research proposed
- Interdisciplinarity within a program topic or between the program topics
- You should have an excellent record (publications, preparatory work etc.)
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To start your application, you need to register as an applicant. If you are already registered please use the login form.
Your proposal should be linked to one of the program topics within the GFZs research environment. You need at least the support of two GFZ sections ensuring interdisciplinary of your proposed research. The proposal (max. 6 pages) focusing on innovation and interdisciplinary is the core of your application. It is complemented by a CV (max. 2 pages) and letters of support of at least two section heads from GFZ.